- 5 charcoal pencils (asst. extra soft, soft, medium, hard)
- black carbon sketch pencil
- charcoal white pencil
- 3 compressed charcoal sticks (asst. soft degrees)
- compressed charcoal white stick
- kneaded eraser
- charcoal pencil sharpener
Use this charcoal assortment to create rich black & white drawings, to sketch and layout before painting, or to blend with pastel chalks. For a dramatic effect, use the charcoal white pencil and stick alone on black or dark colored paper. Use a textured paper, either white or with a tan color, drawing with black charcoals then adding highlights with the charcoal white. Make your own paper stump (called a tortillon) by rolling a piece of soft, thick paper into a tight tube. Use the blunt end of this paper stump to smudge and blend the charcoal marks.