Rich in the spirit of childhood art, this teaching resource book by KidsArt’s own Kim Solga is an excellent activity book for all young artists age 6 through 12. Craft Fun! presents step-by-step photographs for making dozens of creative crafts, from folk art to wearable art to cards, clay and papier mache. T
Unlike many other craft books showing adult-made examples, Craft Fun! is filled with beautiful examples of projects that children have made themselves. Kids are excited to try the techniques themselves, and are more than successful at creating their own beautiful traditional folk art and crafts. This is a great book to accompany all art centers and social studies classes.
Projects in the book include
- Traditional Folk Art such as a tooled leather medallion, wind sock fish, yarn baskets and a wooden checkerboard
- Crafts to Wear, from tie dye T-shirts to button decorations and fancy shoelaces
- Handmade Cards that kids can create for all occasions
- Gifts kids can make themselves and give away
- Handmade costume ideas galore